We understand that the law around Wills and Probate can be complicated so we will go through the whole process and explain each stage, listening to your needs and wishes every step of the way.
We are upfront about costs and will work with you to ensure the best possible outcome for your estate.
We work with a number of organisations to reduce or waive the cost of a will, usually in return for a donation to charity. We offer free advice through several legal clinics – visit our Wills and charity schemes page to find out more.
Click on the following links to view information regarding our fees and what this includes for each of our services:
– Lasting Powers of Attorney
– Probate – Grant Application (only) on a non-taxable estate
– Probate – Grant Application (only) on a taxable estate
– Estate Administration
How is Rothera Sharp different?
- All of our solicitors are qualified to a high level, with many accredited by STEP (The Society of Estate and Trust Practitioners) and SFE (Solicitors for the Elderly)
- We are transparent about our fees, with no hidden costs
- We provide a consultative approach, using our knowledge to ensure you leave as much as possible to loved ones by minimising the amount of inheritance tax payable on your estate
- Our solicitors have a wealth of experience dealing with all aspects of work from simple wills to complex arrangements
- We provide free Will registration with Certainty, the National Wills Register
- We are associated with several charity/discounted wills schemes
- We run legal clinics across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, providing free advice
- Our offices are conveniently situated, with eight branch locations across Nottingham
- We can offer home and hospital visits for the disabled and those unable to attend our offices through illness or frailty
Time is charged at hourly rates to reflect overhead costs and is reviewed annually.
The current hourly rates are:
- Partners – £288.00 (incl. VAT)
- Senior Associates and Associates with 15 years or more experience – £264.00 (incl. VAT)
- Associate Solicitors – £240.00 (incl. VAT)
- Solicitors and Legal Executives – £216.00 (incl. VAT)
- Trainee solicitors – £150.00 (incl. VAT)
- Wills and Probate Paralegal – £144.00 (incl. VAT)
Listed below are the profiles of our Wills, Probate & Trusts team where you can find out more about their experience and qualifications. The team member assigned to your case will vary depending on your location and the complexity of your case.