Our pricing depends on the type of the property and the complexity of the matter, i.e. if the property is freehold or leasehold and what your lender’s instructions are.
Our fees for a typical remortgage range from £480 (inc. VAT) to £780 (inc. VAT).
This is why it is important that we give you an individual cost estimate at the start of the transaction, taking into account the important features of your remortgage. We will always advise you immediately about any complications and discuss the potential impact on prices before we incur any additional charges.
Our fees cover all of the work required to complete your remortgage including dealing with registration of your lender’s mortgage with the Land Registry.
Disbursements are fees we are required to pay out on your behalf to third parties and include the following:-
- Search fee – approximately £228 depending on the local authority. Your lender may accept search insurance which is cheaper but we would not be able to advise you of this until receipt of the mortgage offer
- H M Land Registry fee – This is set by the Land Registry according to the amount of borrowing (see Land Registry fee scale on their website)
- Electronic money transfer fee – £35
- VAT – we will add VAT to our charges at the rate which applies when the work is one. Currently 20%
How long will my remortgage take?
This is dependent on a number of factors but the average process takes between 4-6 weeks for a straightforward transaction. If your lender’s instructions are not straightforward or we come across a defect in your title, it could take significantly longer.
Stages of the process:
- Take your instructions and give any initial advice required
- Check finances are in place
- Carry out searches
- Check title
- Obtain further planning documentation if required
- Advise on the conditions of your mortgage offer
- Obtain your signature to the mortgage deed
- Arrange a completion date
- Obtain pre-completion searches
- Request final repayment figure from your existing lender
- Request mortgage advance from your new lender
- Complete remortgage
- Register your new mortgage with the Land Registry
If you would like further information or wish to receive advice about moving home contact our Nottingham office now without obligation. Call Freephone 0800 088 6252 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a Conveyancing Quote? Fill out our simple Conveyancing Quote Request Form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Listed below are the profiles of all of our Residential Conveyancing team where you can find out more about their experience and qualifications. The team member assigned to your case will vary depending on your location and the complexity of your case.